Since Draw Something is now quite the popular game, I have seen a lot of requests of installing that game on the Kindle Fire. My wife happens to have one, and loves this game, so I took it upon myself to research a way to do this. I don’t have any other Android devices at home, except for the Kindle Fire, and a Google TV (which is useless in this case). So in this post, I will show you how to install this app on your Kindle Fire (even if it is un-rooted.
Alright, roll up your sleeves, and let’s get it started.
- First, we need to enable 3rd party apps on the Kindle
- Go to your Kindle Fire Settings –> Device –> Change “Allow Installation of Applications” to “On”
- Head over to the App Store, and download the application “Easy Installer”
- Once you have that, it’s time to download the apk for Draw Something. You can get this from HERE. Download it straight on your Kindle by opening a Web Browser, and going to: http://goo.gl/geHIF
- Open up the “Easy Installer” app, select the menu, and select Scan Apps (if you don’t see the app listed)
- Once “Draw Something” shows up in the list, simply select install.
A couple of notes:
The .apk that I have given you, is one that I downloaded at the time when v1.3.6 was the latest. Once a new updates comes out, you will need to look on the web for an .apk with the latest version. the game won’t run unless you’re on the latest. For now, this link will work. the rest of the instruction, however, should work without a problem.
Though these instructions were specifically for “Draw Something”. you can use this method to install pretty much any application you want.
You guys are probably going to like this. I finally found the new version of Draw Something 1.5, which has the additional features, (chat, etc..). Download it here