Today, I spent some time reading up on the Motorola V710 from Verizon after rethinking the Treo 650 that I posted about in a previous post. It seems like after a lot of review reading, and my second thoughts about carrying around a huge phone with me that I decided to look for an alternative.
It looks like the V710 seems to have most of the options that all other high end phones have, without the PDA functionality.
As a compilation of pros and cons of the reviews I read, here’s what I can list. I guess I will put an update to this post later when I actually have the phone in hand, and verify the claims:
- Great looking screen (stays bright even in direct sunlight)
- Speaker sound is very good
- Memory Expansion card SD/MMC card
- Voice recognition
- MP3 player
- Decent battery life
- Bluetooth is disabled for certain functions unless activated by Verizon
- Camera doesn’t seem to work as well in low light condition
- It is a little larger in size than a regular featured phone
- Front LCD doesn’t seem to be fully customizable with custom pictures